Long March 2F Shenzhou (CZ-2F) - Sky
Scale model of the Chinese Long March 2F (CZ-2F) spacecraft that took the Shenzhou spacecraft, the first Chinese spacecraft to bring men into orbit, into space. For motors type A, B, C and D9. Very easy to build, with numerous plastic parts.
Secure payments: Credit Card, PayPal, Bank Transfer
Fast Shipping - We ship worldwide
Easy returns for kits and accessories
"Shenzhou" is the name of the spacecraft that carried the first Chinese astronauts or, as they call them, the "taikonauts" into orbit.
This model rocket reproduces the CZ-2F (Long March 2F) launcher that carried the Shenzhou spacecraft into orbit, in 1:150 scale. Like the other Sky models, the CZ-2F is also packed with plastic details, while being fairly simple to assemble. The kit includes plastic nosecone and fins and no painting is necessary.
Like all Chinese models made by Sky, the cardboard tubes are wound in parallel so they do not have the typical spiral of the standard body tubes for rocket modeling.
A curiosity: a model of the spaceship is included in the kit. You can display it with the solar panels attached, but if you take them off you can put it in the cargo bay of the main rocket and fly it with it.
The Long March 2F uses normal 18mm motors type A, B, C and Klima D9.
- Nosecone in sturdy, impact-resistant thermoformed plastic.
- Plastic fins support. The fins are inserted and glued into the channels of their support, to guarantee a perfectly straight glue.
- Simulated plastic nozzles. The simulated nozzles are glued to the base of the stabilizer support and give your model a nice look even in flight as they remain attached to the model.
- Easy to follow English instructions. Apogee Components took care of the translation and drawing of the instructions which are very clear and very easy to follow.
- High quality adhesive decals. The model body is pre-printed with the correct markings, but there are a couple of stickers that need to be placed on the spinner. Despite being adhesive decals they are very thin and therefore seem almost screen-printed directly on the rocket.
- 30cm diameter plastic parachute in bright colors. It comes with the model and makes it easy to see both in the sky and when it lands.
- Quick release metal motor hook, which allows you to replace the motor after each flight in seconds. The motor mount accepts standard 18mm diameter motors.
Needed for the flight (not included):
Launch pad with 3 mm rod, type Klima, Estes Porta Pad II, Estes Astron Launch Pad
Launch control type Klima or Estes Electron Beam
Motors (see recommended motors)
Protective parachute wadding
- 44 cm
- 28 mm
- 70 g
- Motor mount
- 18 mm
- 30 cm plastic parachute
- Launch pad
- With 3 mm launch rod
Estes: B6-2, C6-5
Klima: B4-4, C6-7, D9-7