Black Brant III - Estes
1/10th scale replica of the Black Brant III sounding rocket, one of the most widely used sounding rockets by NASA and other space research agencies.
Secure payments: Credit Card, PayPal, Bank Transfer
Fast Shipping - We ship worldwide
Easy returns for kits and accessories
Estes answers to the fans` requests by putting this much sought after kit back into production! The Black Brant III is a scale model of the main rocket probe produced by Canada Bristol Aerospace and is an excellent choice as your first scale model.
The construction is quite simple and traditional, with a kraft cardboard tube body and laser-cut balsa fins.
The kit includes:
- All the parts that make up the model rocket
- Pre-assembled plastic parachute
- Self-adhesive decals
- Illustrated and detailed instructions
To assemble this rocket you need (not included):
Cutter, Scissors, Ruler, Pencil, Aliphatic glue, Masking tape, Clear adhesive tape, Fine sanding paper, Spray paints
To launch this rocket you need (not included):
- Launch pad with 3 mm launch rod (like Estes Porta Pad II or Launch Pad Klima)
- Launch controller (like Estes Electron Beam, Estes Astron II Launch Controller or Klima Launch Controller)
- Engines (see recommended engines list)
- Flameproof wadding for parachute
WHAT YOU NEED TO BUILD IT: Scissors, pencil, ruler, fine sandpaper, carpenter’s glue, plastic cement, hobby knife, masking tape, primer, paint. (Tools, construction and finishing supplies not included.)
WHAT YOU NEED TO LAUNCH IT (sold separately):
Estes Porta-Pad II Launch Pad or Klima Launch Pad with 5 mm launch rod,
Estes Electron Beam Launch Controller or Klima Launch Controller, model
rocket engines, starters and recovery wadding.
Four 1.5V high quality AA alkaline batteries are also required for launch controller (not included).